Friday, August 1, 2014

ZUMBA: IT’S FUN, IT’S HEALTHY, AND IT’S ADDICTIVE!

CAUTION: IT'S ADDICTIVE!

Exhilarated After Zumba with Efren 
     Zumba ®, the Latin American dance fitness program, inspired by Latin American music, is so much fun that people find that they really can become addicted to it. In fact, Beto, the creator of Zumba, warns readers in his book “Zumba: Ditch the Workout, Join the Party” to be careful not to overdo it at first. The music is so catchy, the dance steps so liberating, that the whole experience brings joy, and can become addicting!
     When I finish a class, I feel exhilarated, and I can't wait to go to Zumba again. Some participants have told me that they wish they could go to Zumba every day. The feeling after a good Zumba workout can be called a “high”, a feeling of euphoria. In fact, the euphoria is due to a release of natural Endorphins in the body. Endorphins, morphine-like chemicals, stimulated by the music and movement, are flowing through the bloodstream, entering the brain, and giving a great feeling of emotional well-being, excitement, and a natural “high”. This makes a person want to do more Zumba, maybe even do it every day, and this is when a person can truly become addicted to this wonderful "exercise in disguise". I can’t think of a better thing to be addicted to -- a fun, healthy workout that feels like a dance party! When I feel myself smiling, I know that I have benefited from my dose of "Zumba Endorphins"!
Feeling Good After Zumba with Margarita
     Those of us who are Zumba enthusiasts become so excited about our discovery of the fun and healthy benefits we receive from Zumba classes that we want to spread the word. Some people may describe us as “obsessed with Zumba” or “addicted to Zumba”, and rightly so. We love Zumba, we want more Zumba, and yes, I have to say, we become addicted to Zumba!
     Some of the testimonials on the Zumba® Fitness website perfectly describe what I see and hear from participants in classes that I attend. I have heard variations of all of these comments myself many times, so I feel that I can repeat them.
     “PEOPLE LOVE ZUMBA: “
     “Pretty much the most awesome workout ever. Dance to great music, with great people, and burn a ton of calories without even realizing it.”
     "It was the vibe of the class, the permanent joy and happiness that was filling the room, the sense of empowerment that I never felt before."
Glowing After Zumba with Karmen
     "It is not a dance class, it is a party! No one is judging you by your dance abilities just have fun and feel the music."
     “A total workout, combining all elements of fitness – cardio, muscle conditioning, balance and flexibility, boosted energy and a serious dose of awesome each time you leave class.”
     “Actually, THEY DON’T JUST LOVE IT – THEY LIVE IT!”
     The more we traveled through Mexico, the more Zumba classes I found, and the more that I wanted to attend Zumba. It was impossible to attend all of the Zumba classes that were available to me along our route in Mexico. I could only attend and write about select classes. Every Zumba class that I was able to attend in Mexico was a fun experience, both because of  the great workout that I received and due to the amazing and memorable people that I met in class. I became addicted to Zumba and to Mexico!
     For more information on these Zumba classes, see my previous articles on this blog at:
"Zumba with Efren Muñoz at the J&B Dancing Club" dated 2/9/14
"Zumba with Margarita Garcia Loaiza at Z y Son in Playa del Carmen" dated 3/25/14
"Zumba with Carmen Cadena in Catemaco" dated 4/6/14
COPYRIGHT © 2014 by Terry L Turrell
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
No part of this publication May be Reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or Transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, scanning, photocopying, recording, or Otherwise, without prior written permission .