HEALTHY LIVING AND TRAVELING IN MEXICO:
A Search for a Simpler Life South of the BorderDo you ever wonder...
- where the grass really is greener?
- where to find a simpler life?
- where to live for less money?
- where to live to have time to exercise more? For me, that means going to Zumba classes. For some, that means playing golf, fishing, tennis, sailing, surfing, boogie boarding, swimming, volleyball, basketball, working out in the gym, playing Frisbee, taking walks......
- where to live to have time and money to eat healthier?
- where to live to go out to eat in restaurants more often?
- where to live to have time to do whatever you enjoy, whether it is relaxing or exercising more?
Jon and I have searched for a simpler life for over 20 years. We have struggled to simplify our life in the United States and decided that we needed to go south of the border to find a simpler life. After visiting many places in Mexico in those 20 years, we decided to spend 6 months traveling to our favorite places in Mexico, living in our motorhome, staying in each place for at least one week to get a basic feel for it, and to attend Zumba classes in each town for fun and exercise. I've written about the things we love in each place, evaluating whether it has the basic things we need in order to live there part-time at first, possibly staying full-time if we love it. Where will we decide to live our simpler, less expensive life?
The book about "HEALTHY LIVING AND TRAVELING IN MEXICO: A Search for a Simpler Life South of the Border" will be available in 2014. My passion this year has been Zumba classes and good restaurants, so there will be plenty of information on those topics, but much, much more. We lived in over 20 cities and towns between November 2013 and May 2014, knowing that we would narrow the search to our six favorite places for the following year. What six cities and towns will be our favorites? What six places will we return to in the 2014 - 2015 year?
Do you think this photo is representative of our search this year? Please e-mail me at TerryLTurrell@gmail.com or comment on this blog post with your thoughts.
COPYRIGHT © 2014 by Terry L Turrell
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
No part of this publication May be Reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or Transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, scanning, photocopying, recording, or Otherwise, without prior written permission .