Sunday, April 6, 2014

ZUMBA WITH CARMEN CADENA IN CATEMACO, MEXICO

ZUMBA WITH CARMEN IN CATEMACO
     When I was in Catemaco a few weeks ago, I couldn't find the Zumba class in this town. Jon and I returned to Catemaco on our trip north from the Yucatan peninsula, so I had another opportunity to try to locate it. I e-mailed Joys Morenno, the Zumba teacher in the nearby town of San Andres Tuxtla (see my blog post on 3/19/14), asking if she knew where I could attend a Zumba class in Catemaco. I also sent a message to Catemaco Info (Catemaco@gmail.com) asking for help. I received an answer from both and was able to find the class! I was very happy to be able to walk to class from the Tepetepan RV Park where we stay in Catemaco.
     Zumba with Carmen at her 7:00 P.M. class was a great workout, and so much fun! She led us in routines with Salsa, Cumbia, and Mambo moves to some lively Latin songs. She mixed it up with some aerobics to rock 'n' roll music. The stretching and balance exercises at the end were a great finish, soothing and calming. When I look at the photos Jon took that have me in them, I notice that I look like I'm in my own little world. I recall that that is exactly how I felt, in a complete "Zumba Zone". It makes me think of the poster I saw recently that says "ZUMBA IS CHEAPER THAN THERAPY!"  I wish I was going to be in Catemaco long enough to attend the 8:00 A.M. class as well! Thank you, Carmen, for a great session!!!

     Carmen Cardena teaches Zumba class in Catemaco at  8:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. The Zumba Studio is located at Calle Dos de Abril #15 Colonia Centro. It is on the second floor above the "Pinturas Optimus” (Paint Store). Salsa lessons are also given at this location. You can contact Carmen for more information at
https://www.facebook.com/karmen.cadena.7 .
COPYRIGHT © 2014 by Terry L Turrell
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
No part of this publication May be Reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or Transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, scanning, photocopying, recording, or Otherwise, without prior written permission .