Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ZUMBA WITH MARGARITA GARCIA LOAIZA AT "Z y SON STUDIO" IN PLAYA DEL CARMEN (NEAR PAAMUL), QUINTANA ROO


ZUMBA WITH MARGARITA AT 
“Z y SON STUDIO”
     Zumba classes are numerous in Playa del Carmen, near Paamul where we stayed last week. I chose to go to Margarita's class at "Z y Son Studio" because she replied to my e-mail quickly and with a very friendly and inviting message. Margarita's Zumba class was a good choice -- it was great fun!
      Margarita is very energetic and an excellent teacher. She indicated the upcoming change in steps with her hand motions and signals for us to listen for changes in the beat of the music. I found I could catch on to to her routine quickly. She has a great smile, reminding everyone in class that even though we were working out, Zumba is about having fun! 
     The "Z y Son Studio" interior is decorated with bright colors and lighting that set the mood of being at a party. When Margarita started the music, turned down the overhead lights and turned on the disco ball light, I could feel that it was time to "Join the Party!" (the Zumba motto is "Ditch the Workout, Join the Party!"). Margarita led us in routines that included Salsa, Cumbia, Mambo, and even the Tango. It was all so much fun that it was easy to forget that I was exercising! 
     I attended the 7:00 PM class, thinking that it would be cooler by this hour. It still seemed pretty hot to me, so I reminded myself that I didn't have to keep up with everyone else, just keep moving and enjoy it! I found that if I started to feel overheated, I could decrease the intensity of my movements, jump less, and move my arms at a lower level to slow my heart rate. I was amazed that Margarita and the other ladies could move with such intensity when it was still about 80 degrees (F) outside. It shows that the body can adapt to exercise and activity in the heat.                    Zumba classes at "Z y Son Studio" are Monday through Friday at 8:00 AM, 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM. Z y Son Studio is located on 115 ave, between 14th and 16th streets. Colonia Ejidal, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, MX (GPS Coordinates 20.63840 N, 087.09333 W). It was about a 15 to 20 minute drive from Paamul. The cost of one class is 40 pesos (about $3.00 US). Margarita Garcia Loaiza is a Licensed Zumba® Instructor, ZIN™ Member. You can contact her at www.margarita34.zumba.com or at www.facebook.com/MargaritaZumbaFitnessDelCaribeMexicano .
     A special Zumba Master Class will be held at Raices Salon in Playa del Carmen on Saturday, March 29, 2014 at 7:00PM. Zumba® Jammer International Cinthia Valencia from the United will lead this class. Tickets are 90 pesos (about $7.00 US) presale and $110 pesos (about $8.50 U.S) at the door. Call (984) 146-1549 or see Margarita's facebook page above for more information. 
     I wish I could be there, but it's time to head north toward the United States!

Look for more about Zumba with Margarita and Playa del Carmen in my Upcoming Book Due Out in November 2014!

COPYRIGHT © 2014 by Terry L Turrell
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
No part of this publication May be Reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or Transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, scanning, photocopying, recording, or Otherwise, without prior written permission .