Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Zumba at the Energy Fitness Center in Acapulco, Guerrero

   Zumba at the Energy Fitness Center in Acapulco

       I didn’t get to attend a Zumba class in Acapulco as I didn't make contact with the Zumba Instructor until after we had left Acapulco. We decided to drive to the Energy Fitness Center while we were there and see if we could get information about Zumba class times. When I used the address I found on the internet in my GPS, it got us to the correct neighborhood, but was a block off. I walked around but could not locate the fitness center. After taking a good look at this neighborhood, I decided that when I do attend class here, I, as a Gringa (meaning Caucasian woman) would feel safer  attending one held during daylight hours, no later than a 5:00 PM class.
 
           After we left Acapulco, I received an e-mail from Blanca Estela Vite, from Energy, apologizing for her late response and that she had been way at training classes. She was very courteous and informative about the Fitness Center. She said they offer cardiovascular classes, Spinning, Pilates, Zumba and Aerobics.  Zumba classes were offered Monday to Friday 8:00 AM, 5:00 PM, and 7:15 PM, Spinning on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 6:10 PM, and Pilates Class on Tuesday and Thursday at 6:00 PM.
             The cost to attend one class of any type is 50 pesos (about $3.85 US). The cost was 320 pesos (about $25 US) monthly or Class Packages may be purchased as 5 sessions for 200 pesos (about $15 US) or 10 sessions for 350 pesos (about $27 US).  The Energy Fitness Center is located at Cristobal Colon (near #53), Col. Magallanes, Acapulco, Guerrero 39670, on the back of the Big Square Mall, beside of a bakery called Lo Mejor de Francia (The Best of France). I remember seeing this bakery, so that is the key landmark to look for. Contact Blanca Vite to verify class location and times through Energy Fitness Center website at http://paginas.seccionamarilla.com.mx/energy/clases-de-zumba/guerrero/acapulco/-/magallanes/