Thursday, February 27, 2014

ZUMBA WITH MELISSA AT CENTRO ATLETICO VIVE IN ZIHUATANEJO, GUERRERO, MX

Zumba with Melissa at Centro Atletico Vive in Zihuatanejo

     Melissa Torres (Meli) is a Licensed Zumba Instuctor (ZIN) at the gym called "Centro Atletico Vive". Melissa is a beautiful, energetic, physically fit young woman who teaches a great Zumba class. She e-mailed me about her Zumba class on the day before we were schedule to leave Zihuatanejo, and I am very glad that she did. We decided to stay for an extra two days so that I could attend her Zumba class at 7:00 P.M. on Monday.
     I thought it would be cooler at this time of evening, after the sun had gone down, but it was still pretty warm. This was the first time I have wondered if it was too hot to do Zumba!
But, the other 50 or so people in class, including the two cute little girls, didn't seem to be bothered by the heat, so I powered on. I found that there was no way I could keep up with the high energy routine of Melissa, so I did a modified version that works for this 57 year old Gringa.  I stayed near the window where a somewhat cooler breeze blew in. I didn't jump as high, kick as high, or raise my arms as high as Melissa did! I sure couldn't shake my upper body like she can! I had to take more frequent breaks, stopping to drink water and rest while I watched the lively group of Zumba dancers. It looked more like a party in a nightclub than an exercise class! (Well, except everyone was dripping with perspiration!) I had fun and got a great workout! 
    There are 3 class times to choose from, each given by a different instructor. Claudia Torres teaches Zumba at 9:00 AM Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. Alex Tovar teaches Zumba at 6:00PM Monday through Friday. MeLi teaches Zumba at 7:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. There are Spin classes taught on the first floor, Zumba on the second floor, and the workout room with exercise equipment and weights are on the third floor.
   
 Centro Atletico Vive is located at: Paseo de Zihuatanejo, Colonia El Hujal, Zihuatanejo, Guerrero 40880, Glorieta Fuente del Sol (opposite the round-about with the Fountain of the Sun), on top of the Pollo Feliz (Happy Chicken). Contact Melissa Torres or Claudia Torres through the Zumba.com Class Finder or at http://www.facebook.com/ .Contact the Vive gym at 7555446341 or http://www.facebook.com/CentroAtleticoVive .  
COPYRIGHT © 2014 by Terry L Turrell
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
No part of this publication May be Reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or Transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, scanning, photocopying, recording, or Otherwise, without prior written permission .